Friday 23 August 2013

introduction to ladysmith waterfront gallery

on my birthday a few years ago a good friend hosted a champagne & cake celebration for me.  someone asked when I was going to start showing my work.  i said 'ironically today is the last day for submissions to a juried art show at the ladysmith waterfront gallery'.  with a little encouragement (ok she drove me home, went through my studio looking for paintings to submit and filled out the entry form), this was the start of new journey for me (<3 michelle).  I completed these three paintings over the weekend and two were accepted.  i was also introduced to an amazing group of inspiring women at this little jewel of a gallery.

and then there were three [12x12] acrylic on canvas SOLD

my youngest daughter Bella was asked by her teacher to show what her mommy did for work. she drew a picture of me painting and wrote 'my mommy works in an office and paints cherries'.  i loved this!


ladies man [16x16] acrylic on canvas

i have a rooster with attitude.  and i love him.


we be jammin' [16x16] acrylic on canvas SOLD

this was an image inspired from a european home magazine.  i loved the way light played on the jars and the 'messiness' of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips