Friday 23 August 2013

arts on the avenue

back in the spring i signed up to participate in 'arts on the avenue' in ladysmith.  by late july i decided to cancel my registration as i didn't really have any artwork available.  before i sent my email i called my sister for her voice of reason, and she assured me I could do this.  with her encouragement, i walked into my studio, closed the big sliding barn door behind me and started painting.  this is what i came up with.  these paintings and more are available for sale along with art cards, this sunday, august 25th in lovely downtown ladysmith.  grateful to my sister kim, and big shout out to my dear friend and fellow artist tt (trishaoldfield.com) for being so helpful on every level in preparing for this event.

two blue [8x8] acrylic on canvas SOLD

my morning begins with strong coffee in these cups, and of course silver spoons to stir in lots of cream.


nice bun [8x8] acrylic on canvas

cheeky title.  seriously good cinnamon buns.



another conversation [20x24] acrylic on canvas SOLD

our family loves converse runners.  cool, classic and comfortable.



cuba libre [8x8] acrylic on canvas SOLD

just sounds better than rum & coke.  quintessential summertime beverage.



summer gathering [12x24] acrylic on canvas

from april to october you will find variations of this scene at our front door.

  

summer sole [8x8] acrylic on canvas SOLD

my youngest's flip flops and lazy summer afternoon shadows.



green tea [8x8] acrylic on canvas

i dream of owning an entire collection of jadeite and using it for our every day dishes...



nuts & suds [8x8] acrylic on canvas SOLD

timeless combination.



shucked [12x12] acrylic on canvas SOLD

i think one of the reasons we moved to sunny saltair is because we can pick oysters right off our beach.



a pair [8x8] acrylic on canvas SOLD

pears are beautiful.  simple as that.



forkestra [16x16] acrylic on canvas SOLD

i will never tire of painting this combination, the light, the shadow, the endless shades of grey.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips